Christmas 2013

It's cheesy but I HAVE TO SAY IT.

I've received a lot of presents this year, and my favourite one so far is the gift of love from all my loved ones, who have also blessed me with their loving presence.

Last year, I was still working at Gong Cha and interning in school. Haha, that seems so long ago.

I have been so very lucky to be able to celebrate Christmas with the same people and experience another office party with good food (INDIAN FOOD + BEER + HAM + TURKEY OMGGGG). I won a hamper from the office party's lucky draw lol. It was filled with a bottle of red wine, and cookies and chocolates. Lunar New Year no need buy snacks already.

Anyway, on the eve of Christmas eve, my department had a mini celebration. :D

Nasi lemak lunch + secret santa!

Christmas Eve was a busy day! 9-11 at the office, then 11-1pm Christmas lunch!!!

Photos from my company/taken by my colleague :)


I then lugged the hamper I won plus various other goodies to meet Amira (and Asyraf, Dom and Farez) to get this amazing portrait of my fish and a lovely Christmas card.




Anyway, then I headed back home to prepare for Christmas with the Nanhua peeps at Gwee's place. Cooked pasta, chicken wings, mashed potato and also made pancakes for the next morning's breakfast. Supposed to meet at 9.30pm...but lol delay until 10.30 then reach. Didn't start until really late at night. And I got buzzed playing Bridge and Dai Dee. And then we started playing new games (I still don't know how to play) which I lost terribly, got really hammered and ended up puking. This has never happened before because I DON'T LOSE AT DRINKING GAMES. NO. Never gonna play those games again.

Many many thanks to Kiat and Yujian and Nicole who took care of me. I am damn sorry and damn thankful and damn embarassed. Also, thanks Gwee for hosting and going to sleep as soon as all the guests arrived.

Photos from the ever lovely and nua sai Nicole:


Basically spent the night like this:

Celebrated Yujian's belated birthday! :)
(LOL AT EEWAI)



All smile until cannot see eyes ah.

Before this we were competing to see who had the ugliest expressions using Yilin's phone........LOL

Kiat Kiat

Nicole

Yilin

My three babes with Snowy who is just like, 'Please save me...TAKE ME AWAYYYY.'
(also that is me in the background, totally oblivious to the world, having a massive headache. Lanjiao.)
(YES I am damn sore about losing and puking wtf)

Went home with Kiat, had a greasy breakfast and Kiat left for work while I went to Ryan's....where I crashed....I spent Christmas day nursing a cb hangover because I lost at games I was too buzzed to learn. WHY. Very angry with myself for ruining Dec 25. But it's alright, because I will do better for Dec 25 2014. I better...

I believe I went to work still slightly drunk on the 26 and 27 lol. And today as well because I stayed up till 3am to finish cooking cream of tomato soup and (Dancing Chef's) cream of asaparagus. With mushrooms I didn't pay for because I was too gong. I feel terribly guilty about it but... merry christmas...? It is for a good cause. I am feeding my friends.

Also, realised I couldn't heat up the soup at work (pantry closed) so I was panicking before the picnic. As we were waiting for Manjun I realised I was standing right outside a 7-11...so all of us went in and started talking about the lack of bread (seriously no bread in that 7-11) while I sneakily heated up the soup using the microwave omg I feel like I was doing something illegal la wtf!!! Thank you random 7-11.

Everyone except Isaac was late, HAHA. Sorry Izk.

On the menu:
Oreo cheesecake by Isaac
Longan Mojito Jelly by Rachel
Salad with chicken, cherry tomatoes and avocado by Weilin (and mom)
Red wine and cheesy baked pasta with ham by Manjun
Two Bite Brownies decorated with chocolate and nutella by Manjun who lied and told us she made the brownies herself HAHAHA
Pork chops with mushrooms by Yanhong
Mini broccoli and mushroom quiches with truffle by Gen
Cream of tomato soup by me
and cream of asparagus by Dancing Chef, mushrooms sponsored.

Yes, I know. Our picnic rocks.
Livia just came back from Korea so she was excused from cooking. 

This is the first (successful and third, overall) cheesecake Isaac has made
SPECIALLY FOR US. :')

We had secret santa gift exchange which ended up like an awards ceremony. Hahaha guys what even. My santee was Rachel Phay! And my secret santa was Manjun ;)

Photo by a stranger + Manjun :D
It was soooo windy.


Isaac gave us all roses, wtf so sweet of him please any girls want???
Livia gave us a card and goodies from Korea, and Weilin gave us really cute cookies.
Manjun gave me food from Royce and a card :')))

The cards made me tear ok I AM SO TOUCHED T_T
FRIENDS, YOU ARE TOO NICE.

I love you guys ya??? Jiang zhen de.

And thus concludes my Christmas celebration! I am so so so so so so so happy and grateful for everyone this week. I can't wait for 2014. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 days of korea final part

Thanks

Changes