Taiwan photo essay 2013

I went to Taiwan with my parents and a tour group (IN FREAKING MARCH) for 5 days and it was quite fun! I wish I ate more and bought more nonsense but there's always a next time :)

We visited night markets every other night.......and other touristy places and it was so crowded -_- But oh well the weather was cooling. I wasn't prepared for the cold the weather forecast bo zhun leh.

The best part of the whole trip was the fooooood every morning I drank soya milk and there was a breakfast buffet, then lunch at some restaurant and dinner would be at the night market ^_^

I have no idea why I do this to myself but I really need to take more photos?!?!?! I always come back and go, "Huh that's it?!??!?!" after editing them.

Day 1 at Dan Shui Old Street 淡水老街 + Shih Lin Night Market 士林夜市:

My parents bought these.

Ah Gei (阿給)

My mom queued for this because she didn't want to walk around Shih Lin.... :D:D:D

GIANT SAUSAGES.

There were a lot of cute dogs in Taiwan. SO KE AI.

Visited a 24-hour fruit stall near the hotel.


Day 2 at Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall + Nei Wan Hanging Bridge 內灣吊橋:

HELLO MR CHIANG!!!! Okay byebye.

The bridge.

View from the hanging bridge. I think my parents and I were one of the few who went to walk. There was a fun fair going on at the other end that looked really old school and kiddy i.e. I wasn't able to fit in any of the rides T_T

Homemade ice-cream we bought for NT10 from a man scooping it out from a box at the back of his bike. It was the best yam ice-cream I've ever eaten. He let us try other flavours (red bean, mandarin orange, glutinous rice and what looked like the usual vanilla chocolate strawberry) as well when we went back to buy another cone. :'D Taiwanese people are so nice T_T

MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE CONG YOU BING!!! (蔥油餅)


Really expensive braised stuff. I think this plate was about SGD$10??? Black stuff is congealed pig's blood glutinous rice cake blerugh.

GONG WAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (貢丸)

Went to explore the area around the hotel and chanced upon this French bakery.


I only bought one macaron.

Day 3, lots of temples, Shao Xing Wine Factory, Feng Jia Shopping Town 逢甲夜市:



MY DINNER: Yam milkshake, grilled cheesy chicken, tamago and grilled prawns.
Strangely I only ate fried chicken once and never ate mee sua or lu rou...knn I go Taiwan like never go like that leh. Skipped the hot springs (following day) too because I didn't have a swim suit. MEH.

Day 4, famous xiao long baos 點水樓小龍包 + Jiu Fen 九份:

Green tea flavoured and normal ones. Yum yum.

Was too damn cold so I didn't use my dslr that day.

Lots of disabled dogs at the hot springs place. Went to Yi Lan that night and participated in some games which was really fun!! Made and ate tang yuans too. And watched people set off sky lights. I think I managed to write my wish on it but no one in my tour group got to actually 放天燈.

See no touch :(


 Second last day at Shangrila Leisure Farm, Yi Lan (宜蘭香格里拉休閒農場):

Yummiest breakfast I've had. Tofu and veggies and stuff.

Way to our lodge.

SO PEACEFUL~~~

DUCK FEEDING!!!!!!!!!!! Cuz our tour guide was late...



DUCK DUCK DUCK

During the farm tour.

It was pretty uneventful that day. We looked at Taipei 101 from a distance (?!?!?!?), went to Hsimending (西門町) which was pretty underwhelming but I found Co Co!!! Also Tong Hua night market (通化)but didn't really buy anything + it was drizzling.

The last day we were supposed to check out early but we ended up waiting around for almost 2 hours so I went to explore the area and did some mask shopping at Watsons hahaha.

I will forever be jealous of other Asian countries' 7-11s.... :(

And that concludes my Taiwan journey. I want to go back and visit more night markets and eat more Taiwanese food!!!!!!

JUST POOPED.

BYE BYE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 days of korea final part

Thanks

Changes